CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The 5 Truths

While reading Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway I came across 5 truths that were listed.

  1. The fear will never go away as long as I continue to grow.
  2. The only way to get rid of the fear of doing something is to go out and do it.
  3. The only way to feel better about myself is to go out.....and do it.
  4. Not only am I going to experience fear whenever I'm on unfamiliar territory, but so is everyone else.
  5. Pushing through fear is less frightening than living with the underlying fear that comes from a feeling of helplessness.

As repetitive as I feel some of those are, I think that they are very true. Without going out and facing our fears head on we are living such a miserable and often lonely life.

Right now I am facing many of my fears by letting go of my eating disorder. Many times I wonder why I am doing it. I feel so scared, so out of control. If I look at it logically I remember that with time the fear will disappear and I will be able to live the life that I want so badly. If we commit to facing our fears, eventually they will subside. We will be able to have what we have longed for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. You are helping a lot of people...especially your grandmother!

KC said...

I do hope the fear goes away eventually...