CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Start With Yourself


When I was young and free, my imagination had no limits.
I dreamed of changing the world.


As I grew older and wiser,
I discovered the world would not change.
So I shortened my sights somewhat
and decided to change only my country.
But it, too, seemed immovable.


As I grew into my twilight years,
in one desperate attempt,
I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me,
but alas, they would have none of it.


And now as I lie on my deathbed,
I suddenly realize:

If only I had changed myself first,
then by example I would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement,
I would have been able to better my country and, who knows,
I may have even changed the world.
By: Unknown

0 comments: