CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Quotes

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

-Thomas Alva Edison

Nobody trips over big rocks or mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.

-Unknown





I often wonder whether or not I would be "recovered" if I had not given up so many times in the past. I think that it is very important to remember that the next time we feel like giving up, we may be closer than we think. So often we get discouraged because of the set backs that we encounter even though they are a natural part of recovery. Let's accept our mistakes, learn from them and cross that mountain.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Whit,
What an inspirational blog! Thank you for sending me the link, because the quotes and comments you wrote today were exactly what I needed to hear. It's so easy to look back and beat ourselves up for all the mistakes we've made, rather than looking at how far we've come- and how much strength we've gained from picking ourselves up from all those stumbles. ED wants to keep us focused on all the negatives, and this blog totally rocks because you are focusing on just the opposite! I've really been trying to see more of the positives in my life as well, and as hard as it can be at times it is pretty incredible what's out there if we just look for it. Anyway, sorry for the long comment, but I think you are awesome- and I'm so jealous you get to watch those cute soccer players at lunch! Maybe I should get a job at Xango...

Krista said...

Whit,
I am sure you don't know me. I got the link to your blog from the CFC alumni board. I think this is a great idea! I love all the quotes. It's nice to have a place to look when you're feeling crappy!Can I also say that I am so jealous of all the friendships you still have from CFC!!! (Sorry I've been blog spying) I don't keep in touch with anyone I was there with, perhaps because I went there back in the olden days of the CFC. Keep up the blog. I love it!!!