CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

There are two days in every week that we should not worry about....two days that should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One is Yesterday with it's mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We cannot undo a certain act or take back a word we've said -YESTERDAY IS GONE!

The other day we shouldn't worry about is tomorrow with its impossible adversaries, its burdens, its hopeful promise, and poor performance. Tomorrow's sun will either rise in splendor or hide behind a mask of clouds, but will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unknown.

This leaves only one day -TODAY! Any person can fight the battle for just one day (or one hour, minute, second) It is only when we add the burdens of yesterday and tomorrow that we break down. The sadness comes not from the experience of today but the remorse or bitterness of something which happened yesterday and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.
_______________________________________________________

I think that it is so important for all of us to learn to stay in the moment. I know that if I am taking life one step at a time, eating one meal at a time, facing my fears one second at a time I am much more successful in living my daily life. It is when I start to think about the fact that I have to eat another 2 meals today or start school full time again at the end of this month that out of fear I want to shut down and give up everything that I have worked so hard for. It's definitely not easy to learn to take things step by step but I truly believe that if we start to do so, we will all be able to make so much progress and let go of so much of the fear that we hold inside. Living in the present is something that I know we can all do, it just takes lots and lots of practice!

1 comments:

brie said...

Hey Whit-tastic-
Lurrrves the quote, thanks for posting it. Also, I loved your insight as well. When you are struggling, come back and read what you wrote! It applies to you just as much as anyone else - you deserve good things and happiness in life. Love you.